[Instantrails-users] Why Apache and Mongrel?

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 16:36:40 EDT 2006

Now that SQL yog is open source and free I for one don't see the need
for phpmysql.   I suppose it's useful in those circumstances where you
only have the MSQL listening on a local socket but in most dev
environments that's not the case.

Having said that if one was to be truly minimalist one would use
sqlite for development and mysql (or whatever) for production and
testing and use migrations for all the schema changes so it would all
work autmagically thanks to activerecord. In a perfect world of
course.

Just my $.02