[Instantrails-users] Mongrel BAD CLIENT errors

Dave Havard david.havard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 19:16:25 EDT 2006

Thanks David

So are they saying that mongrel will fail if the browser is not right? I am
testing on IE6.0.29 and FF1.5. Would be surprised if mongrel does not work
with these browsers - how could it be used in production?

Have you heard about this problem much? Seems like mongrel is become the
server of choice for rails, but even the scaffold code is failing - can't
believe it is rails or this issue would be plastered all over the net by
now. At the same time a web server which will not work with FF1.5 seem
unrealistic.

Could it be something else? Maybe apache is changing something before
passing the request to mongrel?

Given InstantRails is installing elsewhere without fuss i'll test on some
more machines...

Thanks for your help.
Dave