[Instantrails-users] Mongrel BAD CLIENT errors

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 23:51:08 EDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Dave Havard <david.havard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just installed InstantRails and (after some work) have got my
> existing app working. I am now getting BAD CLIENT errors on some form posts
> but have no idea why. Having looked at the mongrel docs it seems I should be
> able to get to the bottom of this if I can get debug set to true but I
> cannot see where to do this in InstantRails?
>
> Any pointers?

You'll need to start mongrel by hand. Use Instant Rails to open a ruby
console window (menu command "Rails Applications>Open Ruby Console Window"),
change your current directory to move in to your Rails application's root
directory, and then type in the "mongrel_rails" command with whatever
options you like.