[Instantrails-users] InstantRails Apache SSL configuration on Windows

Daniel Teng teng4 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 13 18:03:42 EST 2006

I've recently deployed an application using InstantRails 1.3a on Windows
and was searching around for instructions on how to configure this
instance of Apache to use SSL.

I came across the following resource:
http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

When I finally brought the application up, I encountered the following
errors in the Apache log:
[warn] Loaded DSO modules/mod_scgi.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this
module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
[warn] Loaded DSO C:/INSTAN~1/php/php4apache.dll uses plain Apache 1.3
API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

Although the explanation is fairly straightforward, I have no clue how
to recompile those dll's on a windows box.  Can someone show me where I
might be able to obtain those recompiled DLLs?

My application actually runs; however, upon exit/when I leave the
browser, apache croaks and I suspect from the logs that these two DLL's
are the cuplrit.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel