[Instantrails-users] RMagick gem problem using InstantRails and possibly WEBrick...

Heikki Ylönen heikki74 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 03:12:11 EDT 2006

2006/5/20, Shane Thomas <codejoy at gmail.com>:

> SyntaxError in Warhol#index
>
> Showing *app/views/warhol/index.rhtml* where line *#2* raised:
>
> compile error
> ./script/../config/../app/views/warhol/index.rhtml:2: parse error, unexpected $, expecting kEND
>
> Extracted source (around line *#2*):
>
> 1: <%= form_remote_tag :url => {:action => 'search'}, :update => 'photos' %>
> 2: 	<fieldset>
> 3: 		<label for="tags">Tags:</label>
> 4: 		<%= text_field_tag 'tags' %>
>
> 5: 		<%= submit_tag 'Find' %>

I use RMagick with File_column plugin with the same setup (Webrick and
InstantRails on Windows XP).
No problems here. File_column requires RMagick like this (in
vendor/plugins/file_column/lib/magick_file_column.rb):

      # RMagick might not have been loaded so far.
      # We do not want to require it on every call of this method
      # as this might be fairly expensive, so we just try if ::Magick
      # exists and require it if not.
      begin
        ::Magick
      rescue NameError