[Instantrails-users] Radrails

Larrytheliquid larrytheliquid at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:15:31 EDT 2006

Thanks, that works. I can't import cookbook though because it's not an
eclipse project:
File>Import>General>Existing Projects into Workspace

There is a video on how to do it, but it is down right now. I think that is
worth being in the wiki too, and thanks again.
http://www.radrails.org/blog/show/34

On 5/14/06, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/14/06, Larrytheliquid <larrytheliquid at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to set up and use radrails according to this:
> > http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RadRails
> >
> > I have tried the following:
> > PATH ${path}\ruby\bin;${path}\mysql\bin;C:\InstantRails\radrails;%PATH%
> > PATH
> > ${path}\ruby\bin;${path}\mysql\bin;C:\InstantRails\radrails\radrails.exe;%PATH%
> >
> > Typing "radrails" or "radrails.exe" from the diretory of rails
> > applications, as well as anywhere else, does not work except for when I
> > navigate to that folder specifically.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
> > --
> > Respectfully:
> > Larry
> >

> I think there's a step missing from the instructions on the wiki. After
> you update the use_ruby.cmd template file to include RadRails in the path,
> you have to force Instant Rails to update all configuration files (otherwise
> your change will have no effect).
>
> There are a couple ways to do this, but the easiest is to rename the
> Instant Rails directory and then start up Instant Rails. IR will detact the
> changed directory and update all the configuration files with the new path
> (you can then change back to your original path name if you prefer).
>
> Curt

Respectfully:
Larry Diehl