[Instantrails-users] Radrails

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sun May 14 22:34:26 EDT 2006

On 5/14/06, Larrytheliquid <larrytheliquid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to set up and use radrails according to this:
> http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RadRails
> I have tried the following:
> PATH ${path}\ruby\bin;${path}\mysql\bin;C:\InstantRails\radrails;%PATH%
> ${path}\ruby\bin;${path}\mysql\bin;C:\InstantRails\radrails\radrails.exe;%PATH%
> Typing "radrails" or "radrails.exe" from the diretory of rails
> applications, as well as anywhere else, does not work except for when I
> navigate to that folder specifically.
> Thanks for any help!
> --
> Respectfully:
> Larry

I think there's a step missing from the instructions on the wiki. After you
update the use_ruby.cmd template file to include RadRails in the path, you
have to force Instant Rails to update all configuration files (otherwise
your change will have no effect).

There are a couple ways to do this, but the easiest is to rename the Instant
Rails directory and then start up Instant Rails. IR will detact the changed
directory and update all the configuration files with the new path (you can
then change back to your original path name if you prefer).