[Instantrails-users] Instaling InstantRails w/ existing MySQL

Larry Kelly larry at tellinkltd.com
Wed May 10 17:54:09 EDT 2006

I have a similar  arrangement.  The database I want to work with is already
installed.  I just let the InstantRails MySQL server fail on startup.  Then
connect to the existing MySQL database.
works for me :)
-Larry

On 5/10/06, s <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:

>  I have an existing installation of MySQL on my system.  The InstantRails
> docs say it is self-contained and includes MySQL.  When I start
> InstantRails.exe it complains that the MySQL port is already occupied by
> the MySQL server daemon.  Can/should I reconfigure InstantRails
> straightforwardly to work with the existing MySQL installation?  If not, can
> I reconfigure the InstantRails version to work on another port so it doesn't
> interfere with the existing installation?  I didn't see anything in the FAQs
> about this so your advice appreciated.
>

> Many thanks in advance….
>

> Steve

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson