[Instantrails-users] Instaling InstantRails w/ existing MySQL

s networks1 at cox.net
Wed May 10 17:21:25 EDT 2006

I have an existing installation of MySQL on my system.  The InstantRails
docs say it is self-contained and includes MySQL.  When I start
InstantRails.exe it complains that the MySQL port is already occupied by the
MySQL server daemon.  Can/should I reconfigure InstantRails
straightforwardly to work with the existing MySQL installation?  If not, can
I reconfigure the InstantRails version to work on another port so it doesn't
interfere with the existing installation?  I didn't see anything in the FAQs
about this so your advice appreciated.

Many thanks in advance..

Steve