[Instantrails-users] Unable to Create New Rails App

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:04:53 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Aaron Forgue <forgue at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no idea where that path came from - but E: is one of my cd drives.

So you have a CD in the drive?

> I did all of this out of the box without any tweaking. When you say
> "open a DOS box", do you mean through InstantRails, or just Run >
> "cmd" ?

Run > "cmd"

At the DOS box, type "path" and see what it gives you.

In Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables, tweak
your path.  You want "C:\InstantRails\ruby\bin" at the *beginning* of
the path.

BTW, check in Explorer that I've got the right directory first.  The
directory should have files like ruby.bat, irb.bat, and so on.

This may not solve all the problems, but it will put your InstantRails
system on a stable footing :)

Cheers,
Gavin