[Instantrails-users] rails app directory not in c:\ir\rails_app

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:10:46 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net> wrote:

> Scott Porad wrote:
>
> > so, i keep all sorts of stuff in subversion, and would prefer not to
> have
> > to keep it all in the IR directory.  is there a way to get IR to
> recognize
> > the rails apps that i have living in c:\SVN_Repository?
>
> well, I usually just put a working copy into the rails_app folder.  (You
> don't
> edit files directly in the repository anyway)
>

> cd rails_app
> svn co svn://rails-app-1 rails_app_1
> svn co svn://rails-app-2 rails_app_2

This is what I do, as well -- with a small twist. Strictly because of the
way I deal with my overall svn projects directory tree (which also has
non-rails projects), I check out my entire projects tree to one location
(outside of Instant Rails), and then physically move each active rails
project to the rails_apps directory.

SVN doesn't care about this and I then proceed to work (updates, commits,
etc) directly from the rails_app subdirectories.