[Instantrails-users] Missing iconv.dll file

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:22:12 EST 2006

The version of ruby that ships with the current IR release is the base
ruby-mswin32 distribution which does not include iconv.dll. The One-Click
Ruby installer adds iconv.dll (and a lot more) to this base Ruby
distribution. You could replace the ruby in IR with the one-click
installer's version (you'd probably have to reinstall all of the RubyGems,

Or you could just get iconv.dll out of the one-click installer (install it
somewhere else temporarily) and copy it to the same directory in IR. You can
find the one-click installer here: