[Instantrails-users] Unable to run cookbook example

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 19:07:16 EDT 2006

On 6/29/06, William (Bill) Froelich <wfroelich at dbsnow.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, Bill is right. You have another, conflicting instance of MySQL already
running. If you were unaware of that, then perhaps you don't need to other
copy of MySQL and you could just uninstall it.

In any case, just try shutting down the other Instant of MySQL before
starting Instant Rails to verify that everything else is ok.