[Instantrails-users] Unable to run cookbook example

William (Bill) Froelich wfroelich at dbsnow.com
Thu Jun 29 17:32:01 EDT 2006

I would guess that you already have a copy of MySQL running on your
machine and when InstantRails starts its copy it fails because the port
is already in use.   That would explain why you got the error about the
root password.  The instance already on your machine is setup with a
root password while the database.yml doesn't have one defined.

You will probably need to change the port that the MySQL under
instantrails uses.  Unfortunately I am not sure quite how to do this.  I
did some quick checking and don't have a ready answer for you.  Maybe
someone else can jump in or I'll try again later tonight.

Hope this helps!

--Bill