[Instantrails-users] Unable to run cookbook example

Randee Bierlein rbierlein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:04:51 EDT 2006

Hi Curt,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am working with the cookbook application
that came with the installation.  I've unzipped fresh copies of
InstantRails into new directories a few times now and I always get
this problem.

No, I haven't changed the password for 'root' in the database.  I just
checked cookbook/config/database.yml to be sure: the password is
blank.

I do get an error when I start InstantRails.exe: MySQL port (3306) is
in use.  Is that a problem?

Thanks,