[Instantrails-users] Question about plugins and gems

David Morton mortonda at dgrmm.net
Fri Jun 9 12:30:44 EDT 2006

Mark Fellowes wrote:
> I think this might be instant rails related so hopefully I'm asking in
> the right place.
> 1- First, I'm using Rad Rails but for file editing mostly. Still using
> IR for webrick, creating apps, etc. However in RadRails there is a tab
> that shows various plugins for ROR. Are those plugins already in the
> distribution or is it something particular to RadRails.

Radrails uses the scripts included with the rails installation, in this case,
instantrails, so they are interchangeable.  I think the plugins listed are ones
that are available via the standard plugin script.

> 2- Using gem I installed something (that caught my eye on Ruby Forge) called
> ajax_grid_generator.gem
> So it said install completed, just not sure in what directory to find
> it. I looked around but didn't see anything resembling.

Gems are stored in something like ruby/lib/ruby/gems....  but that doesn't
matter, just follow the instructions to use them.

- --
David Morton
Maia Mailguard                        - http://www.maiamailguard.com
Morton Software Design and Consulting - http://www.dgrmm.net