[Instantrails-users] boot problem

William (Bill) Froelich wfroelich at dbsnow.com
Fri Jun 9 10:02:08 EDT 2006

Assuming you are using the most recent version of Instant Rails what I
did is configure Mongrel to run as a service and automatically start and
run my rails app every time I reboot my machine.  That way I don't have
to login for the rails app to already start and I can then access it
from not only my local machine but also the other machines on my
I am running on WinXP Pro but this should also work fine for Win2k.  See
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/win32.html for help on how to do this.

Note the example is setup to run your app in production mode on port
4000.  You may want to remove the -e production parameter if you are
working in development mode.
Hope this helps!