[Instantrails-users] Apache Config Question

Axiom Dadak axiomdadak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:08:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the links, but they don't solve the problem.  I would run it as a
virtual host, but I'm working off other people's computers and I don't want
to have to edit the hosts file.

I've already got it working, it's just really really slow.  I'm pretty sure
it's an SCGI thing.  Here's my setup:

apache - httpd.conf

Alias /scotch/ "${path}/rails_apps/scotch/public/"
 SCGIMount /dispatch.fcgi 127.0.0.1:9997
<Directory "${path}/rails_apps/scotch/public">
  Options ExecCGI
  Options +FollowSymLinks
  Order allow,deny
  allow from all
</Directory>

And the .htaccess file in the public directory of my application, I've kept
as as default but added this:
RewriteBase /scotch

Like I said, it works, but takes 2 mins to load each page.  I think it's not
using SCGI, since I don't even need to have the SCGI server running for it
to work.

Thanks again,
Bram