[Instantrails-users] Ruby slooooow.. Please help!

Gene Horodecki malibu66 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 23:47:25 EDT 2006

Whenever I do anything at all that involves Ruby there seems to be around a
five to ten second delay before anything happens.. This includes running
script/generate, or rendering pages...  It's quite annoying, I'm really
hoping someone knows what it may be.  My dev laptop isn't the fastest.. 1
Ghz T23 thinkpad with 512 MB RAM.. but it shouldn't be THAT slow.  I've
installed InstantRails 1.3a (PHP 4) and have the SGCI server running for my
app.. Port 9996.