[Instantrails-users] Connection problems to DB using password

Al Olese digitalland at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 1 11:57:27 EDT 2006

Hello, I am using InstantRails 1.3a and I am having trouble. If I try to
enable passwords in database.yml for the mysql account, I get a "Before
updating scaffolding from new db schema, try creating a table for your
model" message if I try to do a simple script/generate scaffold command. I
get the same message if I use a bogus password, but if I disable the
password (and do the same in mysql of course) things work as normal again...
any ideas?

I can use the standard mysql client to access the database when the password
is set so there is nothing wrong with the privileges.

MSN Spaces http://spaces.msn.com/?mkt=nb-no Vis hvem du er og hva du vil