[Instantrails-users] Getting started

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Tue Jan 24 16:39:18 EST 2006

Hi Robert,

I just got started a couple of weeks ago myself.  I was able to work my way
through the "Rolling with Ruby on Rails" tutorials using Instant Rails but
had some frustrations mostly because 1) the tutorial was written for Rails,
not Instant Rails, and 2) Rails has changed since Curt wrote the tutorial.

Your timing might just be perfect.  I've just finished updating Curt's
tutorial (with his blessings) for Release 1.0 of Instant Rails running on
Win2K SP4.  I was just about to make a final pass through it but if you'd be
interested in beta testing it, please say so and I'll email it to you.  Same
offer goes out to anyone else who'd be willing to help.  I'm going to put it
on the Instant Rails wiki as soon as it's been checked out by some fresh