[Instantrails-users] Getting started

Robert Tortajada ps at rtort.com
Tue Jan 24 16:09:12 EST 2006

Hello, I am just getting started with instantrails and RoR in general.
I just joined this list and don't see any archive, so if my questions
are redundant, please forgive. Also, I am a unix guy forced to do this
on my PC.

Anyway, I got the demo's working and want to create my app. I click the
"Create new rails app" and get the console. I assume this is the same as
on OSX/*NIX and I type "rails myapp" which creates the framework. I cd
into myapp and try to generate the controller, but I am unable. I look
in .\script and see a generate script, but I is not a .bat. Looking into
the script itself, it seems like all the paths use / instead of  \.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have a quick start guide to
creating a new app in instantrails or with RoR in windows?

Thanks for your help