[Instantrails-users] Now this should be an instant rails question...

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 22:25:55 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, MaxSteel <maxsteel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am now ready to put my site to the public (well private) users.
>
> Whenever I go to the url, the only thing that gets displayed is the
>
> "Coming Soon" page.
>
> I've figured it out that that's the index.html in the /www dir.
>
> How do I get it to point to my cookbook site?
>
> this is probably something very simple that i'm overlooking..  and i
> wont be able to look deeper until monday, so i figured i'd send out a
> quick email and see if anyone can just point me in the right direction
> (so i don't waste time).

One way would be copy the index.html page that already exists to redirect
from the base url of the cookbook app to the list-recipes page. You can find
it here:

   InstantRails\rails_apps\cookbook\public\index.html

Copy this to your \www directory and then modify the relative URLs it
contains to full URLs.