[Instantrails-users] A thought...

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Mon Jan 16 10:11:57 EST 2006

Greetings!

I just finished working through the "Rolling with Ruby on Rails" tutorial using InstantRails.  WOW!  Based on what I (a project manager / manager who hasn't done any serious development for about 15 years) was able to produce with RoR, I am definitely impressed and motivated to learn more!!!  The only quibble I have is that the tutorial is out of date.  I thought...

It might be helpful to have a tutorial that 1) reflects the capabilities of the "current" state of Rails, and 2) is based on InstantRails so as to be accessible to the largest number of folks.

I'm thinking about starting with "RwRoR, Parts I and II", modifying it (I'm thinking CM, although some might see it as plagerism) to accomplish the above and then posting it to the wiki.  Any thoughts (especially you, Curt)?

Best regards,
Bill