[Instantrails-users] Need a little help w/ Instant Rails & Cookbook App...

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:03:49 EST 2006

It appears that it takes a *long* time for a rails app to get loaded and
ready to go when running off a flash drive.

I gave it a try on my flash drive withthe cookbook app. At first I got the
same error that you did. Then I started the cookbook SCGI, and went off to
do some reading for a couple minutes. Then when I tried to browse to
thecookbook it worked!  Typo, being a much larger app, would probably take
even longer.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to let us know when the app is up and ready.

Curt