[Instantrails-users] Need a little help w/ Instant Rails & Cookbook App...

E Gard x2egard at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 10:34:33 EST 2006

Duplicate InstantRails onto USB drive and run from there:

You are running Instant Rails from a removable drive.  Do you want to regenerate the conf files before running servers?
Clicked "Yes"

Servers starting
MySql conf changed
Apache conf changed

Started SCGI server for Typo

Got console window (SCGI running on port 9999).

Typo cache index.html shows fine in browser.  Apache is up.

typo/admin generates application error (500.html)

Started another SCGI server for Typo (SCGI running on port 9999)

Got two console windows!

Both windows stay running when started from USB drive.

(When running from the hard drive, the second window goes away (only one per port))

I used a short name for the folder on the USB drive.

The production.log is empty on the USB drive.

I tried and phpMyAdmin is working ok.

Apache error.log
(10061)Unknown error: scgi: connecting to server

Mike wrote:

> [Wed Jan 11 11:25:43 2006] [error] [client
> ] (10061)Unknown error: scgi: connecting to server
> Mysql
> I:\INSTAN~1.0\MySql\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.

I wonder if USB keys have poor support for long file names...  Try naming the
I:\InstantRails folder to something shorter, like I:\IR

- --
David Morton
Maia Mailguard                        - http://www.maiamailguard.com
Morton Software Design and Consulting - http://www.dgrmm.net
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)

Instantrails-users mailing list
Instantrails-users at rubyforge.org

Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we�ll bind it!
Yahoo! Photos