[Instantrails-users] Instantrails-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 13

Mike mikeickes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:25:09 EST 2006

Ok, I can run it off of the hard drive in the pc but cannot from the 256 meg
usb  key???
Oh, and I have renamed the directory to just I:\IR

I ran some netstat commands and have verified that the scgi server is not
starting. When I run from the hdd I get the listening port of 9999 which is
the default but when I run from the usb no port 9999 is opened and there are
no scgi log messages in the cookbook log directory. There is a development
log and a scgi log. I have deleted the contents of both after I have
sucessfully ran from the hard drive.

Problem seems to be with scgi but I do not know enogh yet to
troubleshoot/fix scgi problems!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Mike

Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:16:39 -0600
> From: David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net>
> Subject: Re: [Instantrails-users] Need a little help w/ Instant Rails
>         & Cookbook App...
> To: instantrails-users at rubyforge.org

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:33:43 -0600
> From: Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Instantrails-users] Need a little help w/ Instant Rails
>         &       Cookbook App...
> To: instantrails-users at rubyforge.org
>
> On 1/11/06, David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net> wrote:

> > Mike wrote:
> >
> > > [Wed Jan 11 11:25:43 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1
> >
> > > ] (10061)Unknown error: scgi: connecting to server
> > >
> > > Mysql
> > > I:\INSTAN~1.0\MySql\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.
> >
> > I wonder if USB keys have poor support for long file names...  Try
> naming
> > the
> > I:\InstantRails folder to something shorter, like I:\IR
>

> Also, if that still fails, try running off of a regular hard disk on the
> same computer. What I'd like to know is if you have a general problem
> running IR on that computer, or is it just somethig to do with the USB
> flash
> drive.
>
> Curt

Kind Regards,