[Instantrails-users] Integrating Trac with IR

Tanner Burson tanner.burson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:39:02 EST 2006

On 1/4/06, Paul Abbot <datapanix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> All this talk about integrating this app or that app with InstantRails has
> caused me to do a Horseshack-like "Ooh! Ooh!"  How about getting Trac to
> play nice with IR?  I've got Trac running fine using the Apache2Triad
> all-in-one WAMP system, http://www.apache2triad.com.  However, I can't
> help thinking I'm viotating DRY by having 2 WAMP systems running (worse,
> they cant be run concurrently).  It looks like Trac needs Python plus a
> couple of extra libraries to run.  It doesn't sound too unreasonable to
> think that these can all be put into the InstantRails folder in keeping with
> the all-in-one philosophy.

Given that Trac is Python based and Instant Rails is focused on Rails
deployment I think it unlikely to expect Trac to come by default with
Instant Rails anytime soon.  That said, hopefully with 2.0 it will be easier
for third parties to integrate software like Trac into the IR system, but
that is all just talk at this stage.

So, how 'bout it?  How cool would it be to have an IDE, a project management
> system, *and* the app server available all in one package?  I come seeking
> guidance, i.e. has anyone tried and/or succeeded in getting this setup to
> work.  If no, I'd be happy to jump in and give it a shot.  Figured I'd throw
> it out to you all first before I go reinventing the wheel.
>
> Thanks.

===Tanner Burson===
tanner.burson at gmail.com
http://tannerburson.com   <---Might even work one day...