[Instantrails-users] Integrating Trac with IR

Paul Abbot datapanix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:25:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

All this talk about integrating this app or that app with InstantRails has
caused me to do a Horseshack-like "Ooh! Ooh!"  How about getting Trac to
play nice with IR?  I've got Trac running fine using the Apache2Triad
all-in-one WAMP system, http://www.apache2triad.com.  However, I can't help
thinking I'm viotating DRY by having 2 WAMP systems running (worse, they
cant be run concurrently).  It looks like Trac needs Python plus a couple of
extra libraries to run.  It doesn't sound too unreasonable to think that
these can all be put into the InstantRails folder in keeping with the
all-in-one philosophy.

So, how 'bout it?  How cool would it be to have an IDE, a project management
system, *and* the app server available all in one package?  I come seeking
guidance, i.e. has anyone tried and/or succeeded in getting this setup to
work.  If no, I'd be happy to jump in and give it a shot.  Figured I'd throw
it out to you all first before I go reinventing the wheel.

Thanks.