[Instantrails-users] Problem getting started

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Tue Jan 3 11:47:24 EST 2006

Greetings!

I'm new to RoR and having some problems getting everything set up correctly.  I spent a couple of days trying to get a Win2K install working.  Couldn't.  On advice from someone who should know, I'm now trying to use InstantRails.  Unfortunately, I'm having problems there too.

I'm getting an error on starting InstantRails that Apache can't be started.  Per the FAQ, I've gone into the Apache config file and changed the Listen and Port settings.  Listen is now set to 127.0.0.1:2000 and the Port setting is 2000.  The error message in InstantRails.log is: "MySql  : Apache cannot be runned : another Web server use the Web port"

Help, please?!

Thanks,
Bill