[Instantrails-users] MySQL-Front in tutorial?

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Thu Feb 16 16:25:02 EST 2006

Hi Mike,

I don't understand your "does not seem to match the 'screen-for-screen'
promise, since..." comment below.  My 'promise' was (intended to be) related
to the differences between working through the tutorial using InstantRails
vs. working through it setting up Rails component-by-component as instructed
in Curt's original.  His original used MySQL-Front, not PHP / PHPMyAdmin, so
I considered them outside the scope of my update too.

OTOH, if there's another version of the tutorial that could be written to
illustrate their use, that would be way cool to have.  We could rename the
one that's there to show it's specific to MySQL-Front and add another one
that links to a new version of the tutorial showing how to end up with the
same result using PHP and PHPMyAdmin instead.  I'll be happy to send you the
source files (html and images) if you're interested in putting it together.
Let me know.

Best regards,
Bill