[Instantrails-users] Fwd: InstantRails - Apache won't start because of port conflicts

Eric Lund etlund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:00:23 EST 2006

(This thread goes back to November but I ran into a similar issue while
trying to get my InstantRails v1.0 server running.)

I'm setting up my server to run my legacy site in IIS on port 80 on a
specific IP and run rails/apache on port 80 and a different IP on the same
(Win2003) box.  So I've jumped through all the hurdles to disable socket
pooling in IIS6 but InstantRails just wouldn't start up Apache (it said
svchost.exe was using port 80, which it very well could have been, but on a
different IP)

So I came across this thread that Frank was able to MANUALLY start apache
and the InstantRails was fine.

Sure enough, I was able to manually start up Apache then fire up
InstantRails and everything worked perfect!