[Instantrails-users] [ANN] Rolling with Ruby on *Instant* Rails - "New" Tutorial

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Fri Feb 3 17:02:10 EST 2006

Greetings!

The original version of this tutorial was written by Curt Hibbs and published on ONLamp.com. It served as my introduction to both Ruby and Rails. Unfortunately, I experienced some frustration working through it. This was due first to the fact that I was using Instant Rails, not Rails, and second, to the fact that Rails itself has grown since Curt wrote the article. Despite my frustration, the payoff was huge. Ruby on [Instant]Rails ROCKS!!! In an effort to help "fuel the fire" I decided, with his blessing, to update Curt's article to make it 100% keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window accurate for someone using this same tutorial for InstantRails Release 1.0 installed on Windows 2000, SP4.  All feedback is welcome.

It's at http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Rolling_With_Ruby_On_Instant_Rails_Tutorial

Best regards,
Bill