[Instantrails-users] No Instant Gratification ! Browser can't access localhost:3000 (IR 1.4)

Harrivel gharrivel at free.fr
Thu Dec 7 11:36:44 EST 2006

Hi! I'm learning Ruby on Rails with the Agile Web Development With Rails
book. I have installed InstantRails 1.4 (under windows xp 2) and after
doing all steps (gem updates, rails demo, ruby script/server which
launches WEBrick server), I can't access the localhost:3000 with the
browser. I tried 127.0.0.1:3000 in apache config, then with my IP
address 192.168.1.100:3000 (given by DHCP, I'm behind an ADSL router)
Firefox says he can't etablish any connexion with the server at this
address.

I tried also to "listen 3000" to apache config, but the browser goes to
InstantRails/www/index.html...  I've modified also the wondows etc/hosts
file...Please, help me!