[Instantrails-users] Need help getting cookbook up and running.

Chris Cocuzzo chris.cocuzzo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 16:54:56 EDT 2006

I've followed the InstantRails installation documentation to the T with the
exception of having everything in C:\rails.

However, when I try to run cookbook, I get this:
Application error (Apache)
Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like
in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

The apache error log says this:
[Sun Aug 27 01:27:52 2006] [error] [client] (10061)Unknown error:
scgi: connecting to server

The apache access log says this: - - [27/Aug/2006:01:27:52 +0530] "GET /recipe/list HTTP/1.1" 500

I haven't used apache in a while and as a result, i'm lost on what these
errors mean in regard to the application. I got the error in the browser
directly after the initial redirect.

Any ideas on what might have gone wrong here?