[Instantrails-users] REXML question

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Sat Apr 29 13:44:43 EDT 2006

Hi David,

David Morton wrote:
> Did the tutorial even mention irb?  That's a normal
> side effect of irb. Since it is interactive, it gives you
> lots of output.   A normal program run from a file
> won't have any of that output.

No, it didn't actually.  I guess I inferred that from the box in the article
titled "Accessing Elements".  It lookes like command line input / output.
The tutorial's at
http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml/docs/tutorial.html  in case
you want to see.  I thought maybe he was using a *nix box or something.
Just a good lesson for me, I guess, re: how to write a tutorial that
confuses an audience of newbies ;-)

Thanks again,