[Instantrails-users] uninstall steps?

William (Bill) Froelich wfroelich at dbsnow.com
Mon Apr 24 11:39:45 EDT 2006

Since InstantRails installs to a self contained directory you really
don't need to uninstall anything.  You can simply unpack the latest
version to a new directory and get started.

I currently have four versions installed on my machine mainly because I
haven't gotten around to deleting the old ones yet.  After unpacking a
version I always rename the directory to include the version number so I
know exactly which one it is (i.e.  c:\InstantRails-1.3 ).  Then you can
run the InstantRails.exe file to have it generate the correct config
settings.

Once the new version is installed you can then migrate your stuff to the
new version by following the upgrade instructions

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?How_To_Upgrade

The only other thing you may need to change would be any path changes
you setup that point to the old directory if you always want to run the
latest.

--Bill