[Instantrails-users] More SCGI questions

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 03:29:31 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

What password does InstantRails set for SCGI?

When I neutered the password in the scgi.yaml file and tried to start
the server on the command line, this is what I got:

$ scgi_ctrl.cmd start
E:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/scgi_rails-0.4.3/lib/scgi.rb:597:in
`fork': the fork() function is
 unimplemented on this machine (NotImplementedError)
        from E:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/scgi_rails-0.4.3/lib/scgi.rb:597:in
`start'
        [etc.]

So if I can't start it from the command line because of a "fork"
problem, how can InstantRails possibly start it from the GUI?

That said, I *have* run the "cookbook" application that comes with
InstantRails, and I ran it through SCGI.  So it is possible...

Cheers,
Gavin