[Instantrails-users] Working with SCGI
gsinclair at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 02:12:41 EDT 2006
As the "Rolling with Ruby on Instant Rails" tutorial freely admits, it
uses Webrick for simplicity and doesn't bother with Apache.
Where, then, can I get some instructions on getting a new Rails app
working with Apache and SCGI using InstantRails? I didn't see any in
I followed the steps in InstantRails > Manage Rails Applications >
Configure SCGI Settings, which I summarise as follows:
- choose an SCGI port (I chose 9997)
- edit the Apache config file, using the cookbook and typo virtual
servers as an example (my server name is www.cclocal.com)
- edit the Windows host file
- check to see that config/scgi.yaml has been written
- restart Apache (just in case it wasn't automatically restarted)
- hit the "Start SCGI server" button
That last step launches a DOS box with title
"E:\INSTAN~1\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" but with no output in it.
When I point my browser at www.cclocal.com, what do I see? Title:
"Instant Rails Help"; content: "coming soon!". Not what I wanted!
The relevant bits of config are below. Can anyone see anything wrong
with it and/or offer some advice?
=== httpd.conf (excerpt)
# handle all requests through SCGI
SCGIMount /dispatch.fcgi 127.0.0.1:9997
allow from all
ErrorDocument 500 /500.html
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
=== hosts (excerpt)
More information about the Instantrails-users