[Instantrails-users] Can't run InstantRails.exe

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 23:02:54 EDT 2006

Trying to run InstantRails.exe for the first time, I get a Windows
dialog box with the error message:

  Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not
  have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

That's the *only* thing that happens.  The app doesn't start up.

The log file (InstantRails.log) is empty.

The ini file (InstantRails.ini) has the following line:

I change that value to various things but it doesn't make a difference.

I've searched the mailing list archives and browsed the Wiki but this
problem appears not to have been reported before.

I am running InstantRails from the following directory: E:\InstantRails

Any advice would be appreciated.