[Instantrails-users] Previously installed stack.

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 07:07:34 EDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> I already have ruby 1.82 installed as well as mysql. I presume I needto
> uninstall both of those right?
> Also can I make a small suggestion. I don't really even want to usemysql
> or php.  Maybe those things could be made optional to reduce thedownload
> size to a minimum.
> Thanks, looking forward to using it.

You don't need to uninstall your existng ruby or mysql (although you can't
have both copies of mysql running at the same time). But with ruby and mysql
already installed I wonder if you really need Instant Rails since getting
Rails is just a matter of running "gem install rails", and the only need
apache to complete the set.