[Instantrails-users] Application error (Apache) on virgin install of 1.2

Paul Russell russelldad+instantrails at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 20:44:57 EDT 2006

Thanks David! I had no idea about the need to start an SCGI server. Now it
works perfectly!

For the Instant Rails Developers:
I can't help but wonder why and SCGI server is needed in instant rails. Why
not just pre-configure apache to use mod_ruby or embed the fast CGI code
some other way? That's not meant to be a rhetorical question either. I'm
really curious.

I noticed in the todo 1.0 code that it mentions making SCGI run as a
background process. That would definitely be preferable to running in a dos
window, but I'm still wondering why the need for the SCGI server as a
separate process.

Thanks again for the help. I'm back to working with rails!

Paul