[Instantrails-users] Error - exec( ) may not be safe

David Morton mortonda at dgrmm.net
Mon Apr 10 16:49:19 EDT 2006

Joel Gluck wrote:

> In the apache log I get:
> [warn] exec( ) may not be safe
> [error] [client] file does not exist:
> c:/instantrails/www/recipe/list
> Any thoughts - other than not trying this on Win98?

I don't think anyone has tried this on win98... so I fired up a vmware server to
try it.   Apache dies.... and running it by hand yields:

Syntax error on line 210 of c:/instantrails/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load c:/instantrails/php/php4apache.dll into server: (1157) One of the li
brary files needed to run this application cannot be found:

Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  28...

So, my guess is that getting apache to run on win98 is unsupported. :)
It also seems that the rails console doesn't work... probably because it is
trying to run cmd.exe and not command.com

I managed to get mongrel to run, but it hung when trying to access the database.
 I don't think we are going to get it to run on win98.

- --
David Morton
Maia Mailguard                        - http://www.maiamailguard.com
Morton Software Design and Consulting - http://www.dgrmm.net