[Instantrails-users] Application error (Apache) on virgin install of 1.2

Paul Russell russelldad+instantrails at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 21:09:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

Instant Rails has been great for development using webrick. I'm trying to
move over to apache and running into all sorts of problems. I've narrowed it
down to a virgin install and can'
t even get the demo apps to work. Can anyone help?

I just installed Instant Rails 1.2 on my windows 2k box and I'm seeing some
strange behavior when I navigate to http://www.mycookbook.com/. i.e.
Application
error (Apache)

Heres what I did:

   1. Downloaded Instant Rails 1.2
   2. unzipped it into D:/devtools/
   3. Changed my hosts file to include 127.0.0.1 www.mycookbook.com
   4. started InstantRails.exe and confirmed apache and mysql started
   5. typed http://www.mycookbook.com into firefox
   6. I was redirected to http://www.mycookbook.com/recipes/list
   7. got a 500 internal server error consisting of the text in
   rails_apps/mycookbook/public/500.html

Any ideas?

Paul