[Instantrails-users] [New FAQ Entry] Q: How can I auto-start my Rails app when I reboot?

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:32:39 EST 2005

Q: How can I auto-start my Rails app when I reboot?

Instant Rails will provide this ability before the final 1.0 release, but
you can also do it yourself. First, you need to have configured SCGI for
your Rails app. Then just create a bat or cmd file in your startup folder
that contains the following ("..." is the path where you installed Instant
Rails):

   cd ...\rails_apps\<my-rails-app>
  ...\ruby\bin\ruby.exe ...\ruby\bin\scgi_service

 Basically, you have to change the current directory to you app's base
directory, and then run the Ruby script scgi_service. This will read the
scgi configuration file in you app's config subdirectory to properly start
up your Rails app.