[Instantrails-users] [NewBie]Access RailsApp from different computer

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:46:21 EDT 2005

By adding www.myapp.com <http://www.myapp.com> to your hosts file you are
faking a domain name. This is really just intended for development purposes.
To be accessible from other machines you would need to register that domain
name so that it would appear inthe public DNS system.

However, if you have just a few machines that you want to have access to
your app for testign purposes, then they, too, can add the same entry to
their hosts file and it will work as long as you are using a real ip number
(using 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> will not work because that always means
the local machine).

Curt