[Instantrails-users] Base directory for apps

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:59:19 EDT 2005

You can use any directory you want as long as you setup the path correctly
in the apache config file. You just won't be able to use the buttons in the
Manage Rails Applications dialog. I need to add this as a configuration
item.

I your applications need to have the SCGI Raills Runner in their "script"
subdirectory (its named "scgi_rails") and copy the command file to start
SCGI (start_scgi.cmd) to your app's root directory (you need to adjust the
paths used inside this cmd file). You can copy these files from the cookbook
application.

Arrrggg!!! I just realized that anyone that creates a new Rails app (in or
out of the "rails_apps" directory), needs to do this also, and I never
documented this anywhere! I need to fix this.

Cyrt