[Instantrails-users] If I close the DOS window, it does not work

CcC cervezaconcafe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 06:22:22 EDT 2005

First of all, my congrats for your awesome app.

But I get an error when I start Instant Rails

I had added the line in hosts file and save it (winXP SP2 running as admin)
I am connected without proxies.
I start the "cookbok" app checking the box and pushing "start SCGI"
It opens a DOS window, which says:

D:\Archivos\IRails\rails_apps\cookbook>..\..\ruby\bin\ruby.exe script\scgi_rails
 start -p 9999 -e production -D
ERROR: Could not setup a SIGHUP handler.  You won't be able to get status.
Listening for connections on

(D:\Archivos\IRails is the path where I had installed Instant Rails)
If I don't close neither the DOS window nor the "Rails Applications" window
it works correctly, just going to www.mycookbook.com in my browser (Firefox)

But if I close either one of this two windows, when I go to www.mycookbook.com
my browser shows a error message:

Application error (Apache)
Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
(like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

And if I return to "Rail Applications" window, I find the box of
"cookbook" unchecked.

I'd read the posts in the mail list (particullary the first thread of
september) and
I am not running no web server before installing Instant Rails in my PC.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Just saying that I am just plain newbie with all this and I want learn.

Sorry for my bad english. Cheers from Spain. Un saludo