[Instantrails-users] Configure Database not working

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:10:51 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Cena, Resty <rcena at epcor.ca> wrote:

> When I run Configure\Database (via phpmyadmin), I get the browser error:
>
> HTTP 500 - Internal server error
> Internet Explorer
>
> The browser points to:
>
> http://127.0.0.1/mysql/
>
> The error does not leave any message on apache's access.log and error.log,
> nor in the instantrails.log.
>
> Both apache and mysql are in the Started state.

The only thing I can think of is that something is messed up in your apache
config file. Try unzipping a fresh copy of Instant Rails into a new
directory, start that new copy of Instant Rails, and the try using
"Configure >> Database" *before* doing anything else.

Also, I was able to run the cookbook sample application.

> When I attempt to Create New Rails App (open console window), I get the
> following command errors:
>
> c:\instan~2\rails_apps>cd rails_apps
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>
> Looks like it should launch the process in c:\instantrails rather than in
> the rail_apps folder.

This is a known problem with a workaround. See the FAQ:
 http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?FAQ