[Instantrails-users] [basi] Configure/database(via phpmyadmin) not working

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 05:07:37 EDT 2005

In c.l.r., basi queried -

"  Windows XP SP2

>From the IR menu, when I try to open configure/database, it errs with

HTTP 500 Internal server error. The URL is pointing to  "

As another, different, data point in case it helps: I'm using
WinXP-sp2, non-Admin user rights, 'clean' install of
InstantRails1.0pre2, no prior installs of apache or MySQL.

clicking 'IR_Main/Configure/Database'   works for me.

Brings up an IE6 browser page headed 'Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.1' and
lets me browse around the sample MySQL db for mycookbook.

I notice that basi specifies 'MySql' IN ADDITION to IR - is that a
prior installation, and notwithstanding that there *should* be no
conflict, might that be the problem?

btw, if MySQL does not have its server running the Configure submenu
has the Database option greyed out, so getting to the HTTP 500 browser
page that way would not be possible.